Protest Against 3 US Military Servicemen Raping a 12 yr Old School
Sept. 12 marks the anniversary of this page. Since
our purpose has started to center more towards reduction and removal of
bases, we are currently considering to change the title of our page. Although
the incident was the actual reason we started this page, we believe it's
time to leave the victims alone.
Purpose of this activity group:
- Since the 3 enlisted personnels were convicted and sentenced by Japanese
law, the purpose of this activity group has centered around the following
- The removal or reduction of U.S. military bases on Okinawa.
- The use of returned land after the removal of military installations.
- The revision of SOFA Article VI
- To protest against the illegal use of land for the U.S. military by
the Japanese government.
- To help other activities and groups with related or similar goals.
Information Related to Incident
- Summary of the Crime
- Sentences of the 3 Servicemen
- Demand Revision of Agreement
Under Article VI
Agreement Under Article VI
Where is Okinawa?
List of Main Crimes Committed
and Incidents concerning US military on Okinawa -- Excerpts
People's Rally Oct. 21, 1995
Photos of US Military Bases on Okinawa
Links to Okinawa homepages related to the incident,
concerning current situation of Okinawa, News 23, etc.
Articles of Interests
Mail Sent to the
President of the United States (Nov. 14, 1995)
Voice of Japan Lawyers International
Related Newspaper Articles
Voice of the People
Progressive News & Views List
Profile of Governor Ota
Masahide of Okinawa
Statement of Okinawa printed
on New York Times
Comment by Mr. John Ed. Francis
Printed on Time Magazine
OKINAWAN WOMEN ACT AGAINST MILITARY VIOLENCE
List of People who Signed Our Petition
The petition ended on November 3, 1995, and was delivered to the President
of the United States and the Prime Minister of Japan on Nov. 14, 1995
We would like to hear your opinion regarding this incident.
Put opinion as your mailing subject and send to the following address
If you wish your opinion to be posted on our page, please note so.
Personal opinions are posted on the Voice
of the People page.